Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

the starting point

From: Marco Fera
To: David Eastman
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 7:17 PM
Subject: conflict middle east

Dear Mr. Eastman,
I am a young indie developer. I literally loved your game "Conflict: Middle East", and I would like to try to develop a re-make of this little jewel to train myself in the use of Quest3d, an authoring program I'm learning. I'm asking you the authorization for this re-make, obviously it would be clearly stated that my game is just a clone, and you would be credited for the original. Also, this version would be freeware.
I tried to look at Virgin Interactive, the original owners of the rights for the game, but it seems the company has been sold to other companies that eventually bankrupted, so it's a bit difficult to contact the old proprietors.
Feel free to deny me the authorization, I will understand it: I can only imagine the efforts you put in that game. Please, let me know any remark or suggestion.
Thanks for your time
Marco Fera

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: David Eastman
To: Marco Fera
Subject: Re: conflict middle east
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:50:53 -0000

Hi Marco,

First of all thank you for asking me. You are more than welcome to go ahead.
I probably had a part of my contract that stipulated that rights returned to me after a period in which the game wasn't published. Either way, there is no legal issue.

My only restrictions are are:

- The game and code must be freeware
- Keep a development blog if you can, and make your code available via a website.
- Yes, please credit me! Thank you.
- I have no code, so you are on your own.

Other than that please enjoy yourself and keep me informed as you go (via the blog). You will probably want to innovate in places so please do.

regards


David Eastman

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?